Virtual worlds are one of today’s leading and fastest growing forms of entertainment; and they offer potential in the field of education, and provide unparalleled opportunities to create a community. Finally, creating a virtual world is within the reach of hobbyists and independent game developers!
Howling Moon Software is seeking interested parties in licensing their latest product, a 2D MMORPG client and server. Although this product is in the beta stages, it is receiving great reviews as an entry in the uDevGames 2008 contest.
Currently, our software is suitable for the independent game developer’s small scale multiplayer RPG. Even though it is in it’s early stages, players are having a great time constructing a world in our example world, Reclaimed. Please give it a try for a tiny taste of what is possible with the Reclaimed multiplayer RPG engine. Reclaimed highlights one specific possibility- a world based on player interaction, where creativity and construction takes precedence over combat.
Our server and client are developed in Java and are fully cross platform. The game can be entirely re-themed easily to meet your specific needs. Features are available build-to-order for low fees, as time allows.
- Completely deformable 2D terrain – allow players to build as they see fit.
- Easily extendable quest system
- Flexible crafting system suitable for any sort of setting
- Fractal terrain generation
- Intelligent tiling system that can work with many types of tiles
- Plug in your own AI code
- Write new commands without having to update individual clients
- Persistent storage of the world and players, with a simple backup system
- Large set of administration commands, allowing you to run your game through the normal client! If you can play the game, you can run it!
You must provide your own server hardware. The software runs easily on a modern machine with Java 1.5 or later.
We currently offer a one-time license fee that gives you full access to the source code and assets of both the client and server. Discounted licensing is available for indie game developers who will be making a game that is free to play- starting at a limited time for $299 USD. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, and to lock in this price. Depending on the level of interest, the product may be ready as soon as a month or two.